(This position could be based in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London or Bangalore)
Agora’s Developer Evangelist will be our functional ambassador, trainer and guide-to-all-things for the developer community. As a partner to our Sales/BD, Engineering, Marketing and Product teams, deliver outstanding content, technical expertise and support in a variety of formats for all relevant audiences.
The mission of the Developer Evangelist team is to win the hearts and minds of Developers to secure the future of the platform. As a Developer Evangelist, you’ll be instrumental in building a large and vibrant community for Agora real-time communication cloud services. You’ll build and nurture great relationships with developers online and offline, create amazing sample codes, be our developer ambassador, trainer and guide-to-all-things for the developer community. You will also be a key partner to our Sales/BD, Engineering, Marketing and Product teams, delivering outstanding content and feedback to internal teams to improve developer experience.
- Design and create reference applications and sample codes that closely match our target customer use cases. Publicly share the source code on Github, blog posts, and other developer channels.
- Create and deliver training content, tutorials, starter kits, best practices, and provide feedback on Agora developer documentation as needed.
- Champion relevant Agora products and services to your target community at conferences, meetups, coding boot camps, online forums, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Hacker News, and more.
- Evangelize new Agora services, features, and products to the technical stakeholder community.
- Build relationships with key influencers, foster a healthy technical community, and collect and prioritize product feedback and technical blockers with Product and Engineering teams.
- Explore technologies (i.e. Augmented reality) that could complement Agora’s real-time communication to solve customer uses cases.
- Use data, experiments, and customer feedback to drive growth in your community.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Previous experience as a developer highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to be both a strong technical writer as well as a dynamic public speaker.
- Passion for helping developers connect people and communities through the cloud.
- Proven experience working with 3rd party communities, social media and blogging required.
- Experience conducting one or all of these is highly preferred: webinars, podcasts, presentations, training and writing blogs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience/education, is required
- Travel may be required depending on where developer events are held.